These represent current investments made by the Managing Partners, most of which have been made since Q4 2009
We are interested in the promise of a cleaner and more fuel efficient environment, but generally only invest in later stage cleantech businesses that have achieved significant traction.
- Bloom Energy - solid oxide fuel cell maker
- Brightsource - develops, builds, owns, and operates large scale solar plants
- eSolar - heliostat and control technologies to make solar cost-competitive
- Fisker Automotive - first sports luxury hybrid vehicle
- Serious Energy - energy management software and sustainable materials
- Suntrough Energy - turnkey hybrid solar 5MW+ power plants
We love companies that dis-intermediate traditional incumbents and bring greater value to their customers.
Our modus operandi is to make money, but occasionally we see businesses that can make the world a better place, and build a successful business doing that.
Software & Internet
This is our traditional focus, and represents where we believe we can add the most value.
- Bluebeam - PDF solutions for markup, editing and creation
- Browsium - lightweight browser add-on to address IE 6 compatibility issues
- Chegg - largest college textbook rental company
- eHarmony - online dating site
- eSalon - custom formulated salon quality at-home haircolor
- Facebook - largest social network
- Gogobot - social travel recommendation service
- Kijubi - activities marketplace
- Linden Lab - second life
- LoveIt - discover, collect, organize and share the things you love
- Moshcam - live high quality concert videos
- RedFin - reinventing residential real estate brokerage
- Saygent - voice sentiment analysis
- Social Annex - social commerce platform
Occasionally, we see something outside the box that we feel is exciting and compelling.
- Vivo Holdings - fastest growing pool service business in the U.S.
Successful Liquidity Events