How do I submit an early-stage business for investment consideration?
Please look at our Linkedin profiles, and try to contact us through a mutual connection that we both know and trust.
How much does Juvo Capital invest in early-stage companies?
For early stage companies, we generally invest up to $250,000 in pre-launch companies and up to $2.5 million in post-launch companies although we budget for and plan to invest pro-rata in later rounds.
How many investments does Juvo Capital make in a year?
We don’t have a target. It depends on the quality of companies that we see, and during the last 18 months, we have made more than 25 private company investments.
What do you look for in an investment?
- That depends on the stage, but ideally:
- – Co-founders with operational experience and domain knowledge
- – Large addressable market
- – Strong business model
- – Low competition
- – Clear customer value
- – Low capital requirements
- – Expected funding corresponds to expected outcome
- – Post launch, traction with little to no marketing expenditure
- – Smart strategic approach
See Approach for more.
What do you do for start-ups?
We can only spend a few hours a week on each start-up, so we try to focus on what is important at each particular stage.
- At an early-stage, we believe it is important to focus on:
- – making strategic decisions that are likely to make or break the business
- – clarifying, simplifying and setting measurable objectives
- – understanding and measuring data to integrate into decision making
- – identifying how to grow faster with less capital
We admit that for some businesses, we may not be able to add as much value as we would like - and we believe it is important to know that and to let the entrepreneur get on with building his or her business.
What markets and technologies do you invest in?
We’ve invested in a wide range of companies, from exoskeletons to customizable hair color. So while, we would say that we focus on consumer Internet businesses, we are open to engaging business ideas that have the power to be big.
Do you have a preference for where start-up companies are located?
We live outside Los Angeles, so if you are based in California, you are more likely to see us in person. However with email, phone and video conferencing, we invest throughout the United States.
What kind of late-stage companies to you invest in?
We generally provide liquidity to founders, employees and investors in companies that have achieved $75 million revenue, have reached breakeven or profitability, and have the potential to IPO in 18 months or less.
How do I contact you to obtain liquidity in a late-stage business?
You can contact us here, and please be sure to give us the name of the company, the number of shares you are interested in selling, and the approximate FMV and valuation of the shares.